Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, he praises her..

Though I'll never be able to put into words the love I have for Mommy, I can try and give a little bit of the big picture....

***

She is my best friend.
I have never had someone I can share my feelings with more freely. She always listens when I need her to. She's there when I need someone to cry with, and she's always ready to laugh with me afterwards!

We really are very different, yet we're exactly what the other needs! She is teaching me to manage my time well, and I couldn't ask for a better teacher!
Through all of the trials the LORD has brought, she is learning to trust Him even more. And by doing so, she's teaching me to do the same! When I hurt, she and Daddy remind me of God's sovereignty. They remind me that God ordained what we're going through, and that He's molding us through the pain.

She is the helpmeet God made for Daddy, and he loves her with all his heart.

Proverbs 31:11-12
Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.
She brings him good, not harm, all the days of his life.

She stays at home, teaches, and loves us, while being productive in her home business! We're so grateful and blessed that she's honoring the LORD with this choice. I'm learning from her experiences, and she's helping me make good investments.

31:16-18
She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings, she plants a vineyard.
She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks.
She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night.

Her patience with my me and my brothers and sister is amazing! She guides us with gentleness and encouragement. Love suffers long.

She doesn't pretend to be perfect, while always trying to be the best example to us. She reminds me that God designed my heart, that He made me who I am. While reminding me that I need to always be striving to honor Him, giving Him the glory, and repenting when I fall, she tells me to just be Rachel!

I love you more than I could ever tell you, Mommy. I am forever grateful God sent me to you and Daddy. Thank you!

2 comments:

Lindy said...

So sweet Rachel. You're a great daughter, too.

Way to honor your mama!

Elisa said...

Sweet post Rach! I love you! :)