Tuesday, October 13, 2009

If I ran the zoo...



It would be pretty similar to the Denver Zoo, I think.
I mean, of course it would have more Dr. Seuss absurdities, but as far as real goes, this was really fun!

They had a free day a few weeks ago, so we took the opportunity (along with hundreds of other people!) to go. I hadn't been since I was six, so I was really looking forward to it.



Daniel was our "map guy," and even hitched a ride on top of Kyle while directing. Daniel had lotsa fun; Kyle on the other hand didn't so much appreciate being thwapped on the head with the map every two seconds. I guess that's where being cute comes in handy, huh?





We watched the penguins be fed.




There was this really fun bird migration game we got to play, too! And no, Justin's not bowing. He's "pecking twenty times." We had to visit all these check points where they would give you directions on where to go next or what to do next. The best part was having to "die dramatically." Elise and I were the best at that!



We even got Kyle to play! But contrary to popular belief, he didn't win right away. He was eaten by a cat, had to start over, then he won.



We saw giraffes, too, but we're pretty spoiled when it comes to these guys. (Cheyenne Mountain's exhibit's way better.) But Denver tops them with their sea lion show! I now have another favorite animal. Her name's Lucy; isn't she cute?



We had a lot of fun, and we made tons of fun memories. But next time Daddy has to go with us!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Die Dramatically....of course you're good at that. You're one of the most dramatic people I know! I would've had fun with that, with you. :) Love you.

Rachel said...

ME??? Dramatic??

;)