Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A phone call that reminded me...

Do you wanna know what I'm thankful for?

I'm thankful for a Grandma who rescues her granddaughter from a potentially angry mob, by giving her the details to her recipe for amazing jell-o salad, because we have to have it every Thanksgiving Day, even if the recipe box is packed away.

Do you wanna know what else I'm thankful for?

I'm thankful for a Grandma who listens to her granddaughter's confessions of silly worries and insecurities, then tells her that she understands and that she believes she can keep pushing forward, through it all.

I love you, Grandma. So, so, so.

2 comments:

Annina said...

You wanna know what I'm thankful for? A friend who listens to your struggles, loves style, and laughs with you...all the time. You're precious Rach!

Unknown said...

Do you know how quickly that brought me to tears--but in a good way. And do you know what I'm thankful for? A granddaughter who has such a soft heart, is kind and gentle, has a wonderful willing spirit and is always a joy to be around--you. I love you more than you will ever know.